My daughter seems to have grown out of her old tees and although the weather has been cool she desperately needed some new ones. I decided to try something different and chose the Ottobre Design 3/2012 pattern number 17. Seesaw. This is basically a raglan t-shirt with some ruffles on the sleeves.
For some reason this project was full of errors and ripping. I have gotten used to sewing with wovens and using the same kind of constructions over and over again so I ended up sewing the sleeves on the wrong way and had to rip them off. I was determined to make the neckline using my new cover stitch machine but, after spending something like an hour fighting with the machine and ending up ripping of the whole stretched and tangled mess the neckline had turned into, I finally cut a new neckline band and stitched it on using my sewing machine and a double needle.
The final t-shirt doesn’t look too horrible despite my struggles. 116 cm was the right size although to be sure I added an inch of extra to the hem.
Taking the pictures was a challenge! My son gifted his old skateboard to S since he prefers his roller skates. After sulking for a bit since the boring mummy is forcing her to wear a helmet and the elbow and knee pads, S has taken to skating like fish to water and I ended up chasing her up and down the street to catch her to the pictures.
Finally here are some action photos for you:
Thanks for visiting my blog and if you like these posts, please subscribe! Happy sewing!