I refashioned a thrift store cotton and silk blouse to an Edwardian blouse by adding some vintage lace details and a cotton tulle guimpe.
I made a chemise using a free pattern from the Winter 1897 Voice of Fashion magazine. Interpreting an old pattern had its challenges!
This apron dress is one of the patterns that I loved from the first sight. Even though I nowadays don’t use modern patterns that much, I had to buy this pattern. Apron dresses are just so cute and this one has a beautiful shape and an interesting cut. This is…
I made a Victorian bashlik hood. This garment contains both a hood and a scarf and it really helps to keep me warm in the Finnish winter.
When I saw this mustard yellow knit fabric at Eurokangas fabric shop, I knew exactly what I wanted to make out of it. I have planned to make a Victorian bicycle sweater after seeing some very nice examples online. They all are based on this lovely example on Met. It…
I made my daughter a Karelian dress similar to my own. This also gave me a good chance to test my new ruffler.
My national costume from Kokkola needed a new apron. This gave me a good chance to learn how to make drawn thread embroidery!
I restored an old Finnish national costume of Kokkola. In this first part I concentrate on the red wool pinafore dress.
The last part of my Karelian dress project is the heavily pleated sarafan dress made out of red printed cotton. Now the costume is finished!
My Karelian costume needed some period accessories, so I made a pocket, an apron and a linen cap. I also got some silk scarves.