In my wool coat project, it's time to properly press the seams I had already sewn. I also proceeded to make the coat underlining layers to keep me warm. The coat is finally taking shape!
My winter wool coat project is slowly progressing. This time I cut the fabric and add some very important interfacings to support the coat fronts.
I did not even dream of making this V8346 coat without a toile. I may take risks with cheaper garments but this wool was way too expensive for me to skip this crucial step.
My big project for this autumn will be a long and warm winter coat. For a project this size, it is a good idea to start with the planning.
My adventure in sewing trousers that fit continues. This time I narrow the pattern down even more and add a proper waistband and a pair of pockets. I gorgeous stretch jacquard for a fabric.
Now that I have the trouser sloper I will turn it into a narrow pair of stretch cotton trousers. I show how to modify the width and how to remove the extra fullness of fabric at the back of the thighs.
Sewing trousers isn't really hard, getting a trouser pattern that fits is more difficult. I will show you how to create a sloper just for you by replicating and old pair of trousers and adjusting the fit.
This black pair is the first actual pair of trousers that I am happy with. I started from an old pair of wide linen trousers that fitted me quite well and I traced the pattern from them. I made a toile and after some small adjustments I got a good fit. To get to know this pattern I decided to make a very simple pair with no waistband and a side zipper.
My next big project in the art of couture and tailoring will be a couture jacket. My inspiration is the Regent Landlord Blazer by Lena Hoschek and I chose to use Marfy pattern #1989 as a starting point for the look.
I have studied some tailor's pressing methods. To get the best results I made myself a dauber, a sleeve roll, a clapper and a point presser. Here is how...