• My projects,  Sewing

    Autumn dresses and playwear

    S needed comfortable playwear for her kindergarten. She has been missing a dress with many pockets that she grew out of and I decided to make her something similar. I used a pattern Elina dress from Mekkotehdas by Kirsi Etula and Sunna Valkeapää-Ikola and drew a pattern for a pocket and used different scraps of fabric to make cute set of mismatched patch pockets. S also got a pink Perri pullover from Cali Faye collection. The pullover (or a tunic) is still pretty large but luckily S will grow into it. Finally I added three set of leggings from different kinds of cotton jersey and strechy terry to her cupboard for her…

  • Black ballerina costume
    My projects,  Sewing

    Pretty ballerina

    Autumn means that S has started her dance lessons once again. The old dance outfit from H&M was starting to look a bit frumpy so I bought a new leotard for S. However, there weren’t any white tutus in S’s size, so I decided to sew one. I have never made one before and didn’t have a pattern. I had, however, some left-over tulle so I took a risk. It was ridiculously easy! I just cut about 48 times 3 m rectangle (actually 2 times 1,5 m), folded it in half lengthwise, made a casing for an elastic waistband and threaded the elastic in. Finally, I added two bows made…