My sewing friend Jenna purged her stash and gifted me this lovely black broderie anglaise cotton. Most of broderie anglaise is white so I didn’t know what to make out of it until I saw this blouse in the Finnish crafts magazine Suuri Käsityö, issue 11-12/2018. The blouse was made of Liberty tana lawn and it had some Christmassy trims on it but I immediately saw the possibilities in the pattern. The pattern has puffed 3/4 sleeves with gathers at the cuff. The mandarin collar has a sweet ruffle and the front yoke has a slit and gathers that start at the bottom of it. I closed the front opening…
I made a romantic nightgown for my daughter with ruffles, pleats and lace. The pattern I used was Hannah's nightgown by Olabelhe.
How to cover the cups of a teeshirt bra. How to add lace to the cups and how to cover bra straps with fabric? Here is how I made my teeshirt bra.
I made Lekala #4484 dress for the Emma gaala. For a custom-sized pattern, there was a lot of fitting to be done but the result was a nice cocktail dress.
Some time ago my husband spotted a pair of quality speakers on a flea market at a ridiculously low price and he bought them. I have nothing against a good sound quality but the worn cherry wood finish was not really something I wanted to see in our living room. After some thinking, I bought black woodgrain d-c-fix adhesive vinyl to cover the red cherry wood. I don’t know if I have ever used d-c-fix before but it was really easy to use. I removed part of the backing paper and just rolled it on my speakers, removing any bubbles with a plastic ruler. The vinyl was sturdy enough for…
I already made the Sade blouse from the new book, Breaking the pattern, by Saara and Laura Huhta of Named clothing. My next make from this book was the Saraste dress. I love the frilly detail at the collar and I found just a perfect Atelier Brunette viscose fabric from Salapakka, Helsinki. Saraste pattern comes in three versions: a long-sleeved blouse, a shirt dress and a sleeveless top. The sizing goes from 1 to 9. After looking at the size chart, I chose to make the size 3 that corresponds to the European size 38 and the UK size 10. This ended up being the right choice for me, although…
I made a vintage-inspired top by adjusting a sewing pattern that had some similar features. This is how I drafted a mandarin collar to replace a turtleneck collar.
My V8346 wool coat progresses. Now it was time to make the collar, draft two-piece sleeves and to construct the lining for the coat.
I made MakeBra DL04 bra and matching panties out of pretty polka-dot lycra fabric and added pretty lace trims. Some free sewing tips are included!
I designed a simple dress for my daughter and sewed it up using pretty heart-printed organic jersey from Paapii.