I made a romantic nightgown for my daughter with ruffles, pleats and lace. The pattern I used was Hannah's nightgown by Olabelhe.
I made Lekala #4484 dress for the Emma gaala. For a custom-sized pattern, there was a lot of fitting to be done but the result was a nice cocktail dress.
I already made the Sade blouse from the new book, Breaking the pattern, by Saara and Laura Huhta of Named clothing. My next make from this book was the Saraste dress. I love the frilly detail at the collar and I found just a perfect Atelier Brunette viscose fabric from Salapakka, Helsinki. Saraste pattern comes in three versions: a long-sleeved blouse, a shirt dress and a sleeveless top. The sizing goes from 1 to 9. After looking at the size chart, I chose to make the size 3 that corresponds to the European size 38 and the UK size 10. This ended up being the right choice for me, although…
Everybody is talking about Breaking the pattern, the new book by Saara and Laura Huhta of Named clothing. Here is my review, some photos of the launch party and my Sade blouse from the book.
I was lucky to be sponsored by Spoonflower to test their Cotton Poplin Ultra fabric so that I could share my experiences with you, my dear readers. To test the fabric I made Named clothing Helmi tunic dress.
I wanted to wear something designed by Named clothing to the launch party of their new book, Breaking the pattern. So, I made the Ruska dress from the book!
I challenged myself to make my friend a well fitting dress that she could wear both at work and at parties. Lekala S4103 was a good starting point.
I made the Evie top from the new Sew Over It Work to Weekend ebook. I also drafted a pair of jeans using my trusted trouser sloper and an old jeans pattern.
I tried making the Shirtwaist dress from the Gertie's New Book of Better Sewing without making a toile. This taught me a lesson! The fit was not so good...
I made two pairs of panties using the free Acacia underwear pattern by Megan Nielsen. Check out my review and my modifications to the pattern!