I am making a modern version of a 19th century pattern. This allows me a chance to learn to flat line a skirt and to make hand felled seams. Learn with me!
I made my daughter a new sports outfit by using two self-drafted patterns (Download the pattern for the leggings!) and Ottobre 4/2018 33. Cool cut trousers.
My V8346 wool coat is finally finished. I look back and go through the materials and the biggest obstacles and triumphs during this coat-making journey.
To finish the wool coat, there were some draping issues to be fixed. There was also some hemming and little finishing touches that were done by hand.
My sewing friend Jenna purged her stash and gifted me this lovely black broderie anglaise cotton. Most of broderie anglaise is white so I didn’t know what to make out of it until I saw this blouse in the Finnish crafts magazine Suuri Käsityö, issue 11-12/2018. The blouse was made of Liberty tana lawn and it had some Christmassy trims on it but I immediately saw the possibilities in the pattern. The pattern has puffed 3/4 sleeves with gathers at the cuff. The mandarin collar has a sweet ruffle and the front yoke has a slit and gathers that start at the bottom of it. I closed the front opening…
I made a romantic nightgown for my daughter with ruffles, pleats and lace. The pattern I used was Hannah's nightgown by Olabelhe.
How to cover the cups of a teeshirt bra. How to add lace to the cups and how to cover bra straps with fabric? Here is how I made my teeshirt bra.
I made Lekala #4484 dress for the Emma gaala. For a custom-sized pattern, there was a lot of fitting to be done but the result was a nice cocktail dress.
I already made the Sade blouse from the new book, Breaking the pattern, by Saara and Laura Huhta of Named clothing. My next make from this book was the Saraste dress. I love the frilly detail at the collar and I found just a perfect Atelier Brunette viscose fabric from Salapakka, Helsinki. Saraste pattern comes in three versions: a long-sleeved blouse, a shirt dress and a sleeveless top. The sizing goes from 1 to 9. After looking at the size chart, I chose to make the size 3 that corresponds to the European size 38 and the UK size 10. This ended up being the right choice for me, although…
I made a vintage-inspired top by adjusting a sewing pattern that had some similar features. This is how I drafted a mandarin collar to replace a turtleneck collar.