I made a Victorian-inspired wool tweed jacket based on Marfy #1989 pattern and using real tailoring methods.
I have some hard-to-get books from the late 19th and early 20th century that are already in the public domain. So, I have now scanned them and you can go and see them here.
As I had to replace the worn-out shirt of my national costume from Kokkola, I decided to make it more historically accurate.
I refashioned a thrift store cotton and silk blouse to an Edwardian blouse by adding some vintage lace details and a cotton tulle guimpe.
I made a chemise using a free pattern from the Winter 1897 Voice of Fashion magazine. Interpreting an old pattern had its challenges!
This apron dress is one of the patterns that I loved from the first sight. Even though I nowadays don’t use modern patterns that much, I had to buy this pattern. Apron dresses are just so cute and this one has a beautiful shape and an interesting cut. This is…
I made a Victorian bashlik hood. This garment contains both a hood and a scarf and it really helps to keep me warm in the Finnish winter.
When I saw this mustard yellow knit fabric at Eurokangas fabric shop, I knew exactly what I wanted to make out of it. I have planned to make a Victorian bicycle sweater after seeing some very nice examples online. They all are based on this lovely example on Met. It…
I made my daughter a Karelian dress similar to my own. This also gave me a good chance to test my new ruffler.
My national costume from Kokkola needed a new apron. This gave me a good chance to learn how to make drawn thread embroidery!