I made an Edwardian outfit with a skirt and a matching bolero jackeet out of blue linen for the summer.
I made this jacket using an original 1901 summer jacket pattern from the June issue of the Finnish Käsitöitä magazine that I found at the National Library.
When I started knitting this pair of socks in 2011, I didn’t believe that it’d take almost 10 years for me to finish them! (Yes, I rounded up.) However, my shoulders started acting up and my migraines worsened every time I knit, so I had to put this project away. Now and then, I took it out and knit for a while and then headaches forced me to stuff this project back into my closet. Finally, I decided that enough was enough and thus, I finished the last rows and bound them off! This post contains affiliate links. The pattern came from Wendy D. Johnson’s book Socks from the toe…
Inspired by the old fortifications scattered out the area where I live, I created a WW1-era blouse using the Elsie pattern by Wearing History.
A fan skirt or an umbrella skirt was fashionable during the 1890s. It was pretty simple in shape: the front was a simple A-line skirt and the back had this half-a-circle shape and pleats that gave it volume. I wanted a long skirt to go with my shirtwaists that would not be too hot during the warmer months and I chose this fan skirt pattern by Black Snail Patterns. This post contains affiliate links. Fabric considerations I wanted my skirt to be cotton and had some problems in choosing the right kind. Cotton lawn would probably have been too lightweight and the cotton sateen sold in the closest fabric shop…
The Foundations Revealed opened its enrolment again for a few days and I joined immediately after first watching the free sleeves workshop they provided.
I tested the 1900-1910s blouse and guimpe pattern by Wearing History. I must say that of all the similar patterns I have tried out, this one is the best.
Chatelines were a huge fashion accessory during Victorian and Edwardian times. Often they included various sewing tools that were both pretty and practical.
I put my silk fabrics under a microscope.
I made my daughter the cute fox pinafore dress from Burda 8/2018 130. I used orange baby cord, applique and embroidery to create the foxy details.