• Image: Sew Over It Coco jacket
    My projects,  Patternreview,  Sewing

    Sew Over It Coco jacket

    Sew Over it released new pdf pattern last week: The Coco jacket and I had to get it immediately. I had a perfect fabric for it that I had by change bought from Sew Over It Clapham shop while visiting London. I was originally planning to use it for a pair of trousers but I still remember the sales person telling me that many people had used it for their Coco class. At that time the Coco pattern wasn’t available outside those sewing classes, so I was so delighted when it was released. Sizing Coco is a Chanel inspired short jacket that is perfect for the kind of weather we…

  • Image: My floral autumn dress
    My projects,  Sewing,  Tutorials

    My mix-and-match autumn dress with some piping fun

    The schools have started and that means it is officially autumn here in Finland. I have been looking for a perfect dress pattern for the dress I have held in my imagination but for vain. In my mind, I had an image of a floral dress with a gathered skirt and a fitted bodice, long sleeves and a peter pan collar. I found this amazing floral viscose fabric from the factory remnant section of Eurokangas. Finally I decided to use the patterns I already owned. Cami dress by Pauline Alice (my version is here) has a perfect bodice and the Rosie dress by Sew Over It a perfect skirt for…

  • Sew Over It Rosie dress, sewn by me using Liberty cotton tana lawn, front view.
    My projects,  Patternreview,  Sewing,  Tutorials

    Yellow Rosie and how to add boning to a bodice

    My recent trip to London resulted in a massive fabric haul. As I am a big fan of Sew Over It patterns I had to visit their Clapham shop and besides fabric, I also bought this pattern: Rosie Dress. I think it is a wonderful summer dress and I also love the skirt version of it. At Shaukat at Old Brompton road I picked up a perfect fabrics for it: Yellow and white floral Liberty tana lawn and white Italian lawn for the collar and the lining. At home I realised that the pattern called for some boning. I have never used boning before and was a bit taken back but…