I decided to combine Edwardian pattern drafting with modern fabric and made a cute shirtwaist blouse that goes with both jeans and skirts.
I made a turn-of-the-century underwear set consisting of a pretty 1912 corset cover and a Victorian underskirt by the Black Snail Patterns.
Recently, I joined Minerva Crafts blogger network. For my first blogger network project I made this 1930s blouse out of yellow chiffon.
This is my B5813 hack with wide v-neckline, button-up closure and lace trim details. On my second use of this pattern I also made changes to the fit.
I made a real Victorian linen chemise by hand using the pattern from the book Manual for Needlework and cutting out. My first completely hand-sewn garment!
I made another Gertie blouse and a simple everyday skirt using the 1940s skirt pattern. This resulted in a nice coordinating vintage-inspired outfit.
I made a gorgeous McCall's M7748 dress to wear for my cousin's wedding. This pattern is from the Archive collection and approximately from the year 1957. This dress took me several days to make but I can say that taking the time really pays off with this dress and the final dress fits and looks nice.
I love vintage styles and this time I tested the vintage 1930s dress pattern that is originally by McCall's pattern company. This being not my first vintage pattern I knew to expect compact instructions that left most of the technical details out.
I made a pair of linen 1940s overalls using a pattern from Wearing History. I made a lot of alterations to achieve a good fit and the exact look I was after. I am very happy how these overalls turned up.
During the colder months I often have eaten breakfast wrapped inside a blanket to keep warm. However, some decades ago there were more stylish options in the form of dressing gowns. When I saw this vintage dressing gown pattern, Advance number 953 from the 1940s at Etsy I couldn’t resist it, especially because it came in my exact size. I have tried some vintage patterns before but never really succeeded in making anything useful. I knew to expect something different than modern sewing patterns. Firstly, the pattern was one size only. The pattern pieces were pre-cut and all the markings were perforations in the pattern pieces. However, the instruction booklet described…