I made my daughter a new sports outfit by using two self-drafted patterns (Download the pattern for the leggings!) and Ottobre 4/2018 33. Cool cut trousers.
Here are some ways you can make home cosmetics out of things that can mostly be found in your kitchen. It's fun, safe for kids and good for your skin!
Käsityön teemavuoden helmikuun haasteessa keskitytään kestävyyteen. Minä päätin luoda kestävyyttä korjaamalla kuluneita vaatteita ja epäonnistuneita ompeluksia.
My V8346 wool coat is finally finished. I look back and go through the materials and the biggest obstacles and triumphs during this coat-making journey.
To finish the wool coat, there were some draping issues to be fixed. There was also some hemming and little finishing touches that were done by hand.
My sewing friend Jenna purged her stash and gifted me this lovely black broderie anglaise cotton. Most of broderie anglaise is white so I didn’t know what to make out of it until I saw this blouse in the Finnish crafts magazine Suuri Käsityö, issue 11-12/2018. The blouse was made of Liberty tana lawn and it had some Christmassy trims on it but I immediately saw the possibilities in the pattern. The pattern has puffed 3/4 sleeves with gathers at the cuff. The mandarin collar has a sweet ruffle and the front yoke has a slit and gathers that start at the bottom of it. I closed the front opening…
I made a romantic nightgown for my daughter with ruffles, pleats and lace. The pattern I used was Hannah's nightgown by Olabelhe.
How to cover the cups of a teeshirt bra. How to add lace to the cups and how to cover bra straps with fabric? Here is how I made my teeshirt bra.
I made Lekala #4484 dress for the Emma gaala. For a custom-sized pattern, there was a lot of fitting to be done but the result was a nice cocktail dress.
Some time ago my husband spotted a pair of quality speakers on a flea market at a ridiculously low price and he bought them. I have nothing against a good sound quality but the worn cherry wood finish was not really something I wanted to see in our living room. After some thinking, I bought black woodgrain d-c-fix adhesive vinyl to cover the red cherry wood. I don’t know if I have ever used d-c-fix before but it was really easy to use. I removed part of the backing paper and just rolled it on my speakers, removing any bubbles with a plastic ruler. The vinyl was sturdy enough for…