When I started knitting this pair of socks in 2011, I didn’t believe that it’d take almost 10 years for me to finish them! (Yes, I rounded up.) However, my shoulders started acting up and my migraines worsened every time I knit, so I had to put this project away. Now and then, I took it out and knit for a while and then headaches forced me to stuff this project back into my closet. Finally, I decided that enough was enough and thus, I finished the last rows and bound them off! This post contains affiliate links. The pattern came from Wendy D. Johnson’s book Socks from the toe…
Inspired by the old fortifications scattered out the area where I live, I created a WW1-era blouse using the Elsie pattern by Wearing History.
A fan skirt or an umbrella skirt was fashionable during the 1890s. It was pretty simple in shape: the front was a simple A-line skirt and the back had this half-a-circle shape and pleats that gave it volume. I wanted a long skirt to go with my shirtwaists that would not be too hot during the warmer months and I chose this fan skirt pattern by Black Snail Patterns. This post contains affiliate links. Fabric considerations I wanted my skirt to be cotton and had some problems in choosing the right kind. Cotton lawn would probably have been too lightweight and the cotton sateen sold in the closest fabric shop…
I tested the 1900-1910s blouse and guimpe pattern by Wearing History. I must say that of all the similar patterns I have tried out, this one is the best.
I made a Victorian side-button cycling skirt out of linen so that I can ride my bike in style. The skirt pattern is a free pattern by Bikes & Bloomers.
I found this free pattern for cycling bloomers by Bikes & Bloomers and decided to give it a try.
I made an Edwardian waistcoat to match my newest walking skirt. A quick little side project, you might think! No, a lot of tailoring was involved!
I made a walking skirt using a free 1902 pattern from Finnish Käsitöitä magazine. Ompelin pitkän hameen vuoden 1902 Käsitöitä-lehden kaavalla.
This time I made an Edwardian inspired lace blouse which gave me an opportunity to learn how to make invisible seams in lace.
I made Sewaholic Nicola dress out of pretty crepe fabric. I have had this pattern for ages but only now got this dress done.