I have the book Sew Over It vintage by Lisa Comfort and it has instructions on how to draft a Kimono dressing gown that I wanted to make.
I challenged myself to make my friend a well fitting dress that she could wear both at work and at parties. Lekala S4103 was a good starting point.
The Dutch Label Shop had contacted me a while ago and offered some labels for me to test and I jumped to say "Yes!". This is what I got with the voucher they gave me.
I made the Evie top from the new Sew Over It Work to Weekend ebook. I also drafted a pair of jeans using my trusted trouser sloper and an old jeans pattern.
I tried making the Shirtwaist dress from the Gertie's New Book of Better Sewing without making a toile. This taught me a lesson! The fit was not so good...
I made two pairs of panties using the free Acacia underwear pattern by Megan Nielsen. Check out my review and my modifications to the pattern!
I tested the Sew Over It Kate dress pattern. The hidden button placket and the 4 slits in the skirt bring this vintage inspired dress into the 21st century.
The 1 metre of bubble print jersey was enough to make both a sleeveless top using the Ottobre 4/2011 34. Glow-worm top pattern and a matching skirt.
I sewed a cardigan using Burda style 8/2017 Girl's cardigan pattern. Check my tips on how to deal with thicker knitted fabrics!
I managed to grab literally the last Alpi trousers pattern from Named clothing. I was lucky since I had planned on making these trousers for a while. However, don’t bother trying to buy this pattern, at least from Named. Some of their retailers might still have some of these pattern left even though this pattern is fairly old. Anyway, I like the basic look of these trousers. They are quite masculine, pretty loose and have a bit lower waistline than in most of the trousers I have lately made. I got some nice army green cotton sateen in a nice bargain from Materials, Helsinki. The fabric has a tiny bit…