I tested the new Butterick B6563 blouse by Gertie. This is a vintage inspired semi-fitted summer blouse with different sleeve and collar options and a bow tie. I like my finished blouse very much and I can recommend this pattern for other sewists, too. However, I recommend checking the size before you begin.
My blouse sewing continues with the Elise blouse by Rosie and Me. This is a new pattern company for me, although I have been eyeing this blouse for a while. This pattern has cap sleeve and 3/4 sleeve options, French darts at the sides and a nice shawl collar.
I made the 1940s inspired summer blouse using the Norma blouse pattern from Ottobre design woman 2/2018 magazine. This is an easy to sew pattern with vintage-like details like gathers at the shoulders and a notched collar. Read my review!
Reversible sequin patches are in among little girls these days. We went hunting for nice tops among the high street shops but couldn't find anything in S's size. So I promised to make her some myself. The Ottobre 1/2015 23. Peplum was a good pattern to use as a base.
I made my daughter S and her friend E matching Hazel pinafores using the pattern by Violette Field Threads. This is a skirt pattern with lots of options to add a pinafore, an apron or different decorations in the form of ruffles and bows.
I made a vintage style floral dress out of mustard viscose I got from Artenio. The pattern is the Amelia Tea Dress by Simple Sew patterns but I modified the pattern by replacing the flutter sleeves with long ones.
I made a pair of linen 1940s overalls using a pattern from Wearing History. I made a lot of alterations to achieve a good fit and the exact look I was after. I am very happy how these overalls turned up.
I tested the newest pattern from the French sewing company Orageuse. This long-sleeved loose-fitted blouse pattern has a turtleneck collar with buttons in the back and an optional deep v-neck opening in front. I made my version out of floral polyester satin.
I made the I am Orion blouse that is a loose fitted top with a Peter Pan collar. I really liked the pattern but wanted to make sure that my white collar stayed white. So instead of sewing the collar on my blouse I made an old fashioned dickey that snaps onto the blouse neckline.
Somebody pointed out the Winter Street Dress pattern for me when I was compiling my list of pattern companies. I was vaguely aware of the fact that PatternReview.com had some exclusive patterns but I had never tried any of them. This dress was something I have been looking for a while. I had this black jersey crepe fabric that would make a great little black dress. (I don’t know any other name for this fabric. It looks like a crepe from the outside, but jersey from the inside and it is very stretchy and comfortable.) I thought this would be a quick project but I stumbled into many fitting issues.…