I made the Saraste dress from the book Breaking the pattern for my mother from the lovely Atelier Brunette viscose.
I made a simple, pretty dress and a matching mask with an animal print fabric for my friend's nine-year-old daughter.
I made Sewaholic Nicola dress out of pretty crepe fabric. I have had this pattern for ages but only now got this dress done.
I made my daughter the cute fox pinafore dress from Burda 8/2018 130. I used orange baby cord, applique and embroidery to create the foxy details.
I made a 70s inspired dress out of Flowerpower denimlook sweatshirting that I was gifted by Zicca fabrics. Ruffles, denim and flowers work well together!
It was time for me to practice my pattern drafting skills and I decided to make a vintage-inspired fit-and-flare dress out of rusty orange ramie fabric.
I made my daughter a Regency or Empire style outfit: a dress, a bonnet (a free pattern included!), bloomers and slippers. Read how it all came together.
I tried making the Shirtwaist dress from the Gertie's New Book of Better Sewing without making a toile. This taught me a lesson! The fit was not so good...
I tested the Sew Over It Kate dress pattern. The hidden button placket and the 4 slits in the skirt bring this vintage inspired dress into the 21st century.
Some time ago S found a necklace at a local flea market and bought it. She showed me the picture of a brown haired girl on the pendant and she wanted a similar dress that was on the girl. I thought this gave me a perfect opportunity to practice my skills and make a shirred dress. This mustard yellow jersey knit has been in my stash for quite some time and the colour matched exactly. I, however, wanted something practical that S could wear over the summer. As I had learned how to shirr early this spring I decided to make a shirred dress with tied straps and a frilly hem.…