I tried making the Shirtwaist dress from the Gertie's New Book of Better Sewing without making a toile. This taught me a lesson! The fit was not so good...
I made two pairs of panties using the free Acacia underwear pattern by Megan Nielsen. Check out my review and my modifications to the pattern!
I tested the Sew Over It Kate dress pattern. The hidden button placket and the 4 slits in the skirt bring this vintage inspired dress into the 21st century.
The 1 metre of bubble print jersey was enough to make both a sleeveless top using the Ottobre 4/2011 34. Glow-worm top pattern and a matching skirt.
I sewed a cardigan using Burda style 8/2017 Girl's cardigan pattern. Check my tips on how to deal with thicker knitted fabrics!
I managed to grab literally the last Alpi trousers pattern from Named clothing. I was lucky since I had planned on making these trousers for a while. However, don’t bother trying to buy this pattern, at least from Named. Some of their retailers might still have some of these pattern left even though this pattern is fairly old. Anyway, I like the basic look of these trousers. They are quite masculine, pretty loose and have a bit lower waistline than in most of the trousers I have lately made. I got some nice army green cotton sateen in a nice bargain from Materials, Helsinki. The fabric has a tiny bit…
The Ottobre design magazine 4/2018 19. Space adventurer was a good basic t-shirt pattern for my son. I also had enough fabric to make a matching hat.
As part of my Sensible Sewing Challenge I made a stripy Lago tank top using the free pattern by Itch to Stitch. Here is my review of the pattern!
I tested the new Sheona pattern by Athina Kakou. It is a relaxed jersey shift dress that has plenty of options and is easy and quick to sew.
I tested the new online course by Make Bra, where you'll learn how to sew a foam-cup bra. Testasin Make Bran uutta verkkokurssia, jossa opetellaan ompelemaan vuoritetut rintaliivit.