I delve deep into my basket of ufos full of failed projects. What are the project and why did I abandon them? It's confession time!
This vinyl print tee-shirt is a product of my son's imagination, my husband's drawing talent and my sewing skills.
When I made my Named clothing Helmi dress, I decided I needed to make the blouse version as well. The original pattern has some trench coat inspired details but I wanted really to find a good pattern for a loose fitting shirt. For the fabric, I chose this simple black and white stripy viscose fabric. I had written down that the dress I made was a bit tight across the bust. So, for the first time in my life, I made a full bust adjustment. I didn’t want to go up to the next size since the pattern otherwise fitted pretty well. The full bust adjustment made my side seams…
Every Palm Sunday Finnish children go around the neighbourhood in costume handing out decorated willow branches and wishing good luck and health.
This Kultavilla fabric is weaved just a few kilometres from where I live. How nice it would be to wear a skirt out of local fabric!
My sewing friend Jenna purged her stash and gifted me this lovely black broderie anglaise cotton. Most of broderie anglaise is white so I didn’t know what to make out of it until I saw this blouse in the Finnish crafts magazine Suuri Käsityö, issue 11-12/2018. The blouse was made of Liberty tana lawn and it had some Christmassy trims on it but I immediately saw the possibilities in the pattern. The pattern has puffed 3/4 sleeves with gathers at the cuff. The mandarin collar has a sweet ruffle and the front yoke has a slit and gathers that start at the bottom of it. I closed the front opening…
Here is how the wool dress I designed from the scratch ended up looking!
My son liked this snowmobile print organic jersey from Paapii and I turned it into a teeshirt, some tube scarfs and a hat.
Sew a camera insert for your handbag to turn your regular handbag into a camera bag! Here is an easy tutorial on how to make it!
In my wool coat project, it's time to properly press the seams I had already sewn. I also proceeded to make the coat underlining layers to keep me warm. The coat is finally taking shape!