I made a Finnish folk style hand-embroidered French hood for my Askola costume from paper, rye porridge and silk!
Sometimes even a rushed project with all the ingredients for disaster succeeds and the result is a beautiful silk party dress.
I made an Edwardian evening gown in a day to join a turn-of-the-century manor house weekend.
I made my daughter a late Victorian or an Edwardian bathing suit to match the bathing costume I made for myself last year.
I bought an Edwardian bodice and replicated it for my daughter. With a simple skirt and some accessories she now has a full outfit.
I made a late-Victorian/Edwardian man’s trousers and a waistcoat.
I made a chemise using a free pattern from the Winter 1897 Voice of Fashion magazine. Interpreting an old pattern had its challenges!
This apron dress is one of the patterns that I loved from the first sight. Even though I nowadays don’t use modern patterns that much, I had to buy this pattern. Apron dresses are just so cute and this one has a beautiful shape and an interesting cut. This is also the first pattern from the Assembly line that I have ever made. The side seams are slanted so that the lower part of them shows on the right side. The shoulder straps criss-cross at the back and the centre back has a big pleat that closes either with buttons or snaps. My favourite thing about this dress are the…
I made a Victorian bashlik hood. This garment contains both a hood and a scarf and it really helps to keep me warm in the Finnish winter.
I made the Victoria blouse by Fibre Mood for myself for the winter. Here is my review of the pattern. Spoilers: I like it!