A made a Victorian-inspired tailored jacket
I made a Victorian-inspired wool tweed jacket based on Marfy #1989 pattern and using real tailoring methods.
The making of a tailored 1901 jacket
I made this jacket using an original 1901 summer jacket pattern from the June issue of the Finnish Käsitöitä magazine that I found at the National Library.
Re-upholstering a press buck
I re-upholstered an old press buck base. With sawdust and wool filling and a new velveteen cover it now looks like new!
Waistcoat and outdoor photos in February
I made an Edwardian waistcoat to match my newest walking skirt. A quick little side project, you might think! No, a lot of tailoring was involved!
Finishing my waistcoat
Here is how my waistcoat, that is based on a bodice block from 1912, turned out. And a lot of description on the final sewing stages.
Pattern cutting à la 1912 and a Victorian-inspired waistcoat
Historical sewing and classic tailoring are close relatives. So, I decided to combine a block from 1912 with classic tailoring methods to make a waistcoat.
A wool coat for winter: The Finished V8346 coat
My V8346 wool coat is finally finished. I look back and go through the materials and the biggest obstacles and triumphs during this coat-making journey.
A wool coat for winter, part 6: Hemming, problems with the facing and the finishing touches
To finish the wool coat, there were some draping issues to be fixed. There was also some hemming and little finishing touches that were done by hand.
A wool coat for winter, part 5: Collar, sleeves and the lining
My V8346 wool coat progresses. Now it was time to make the collar, draft two-piece sleeves and to construct the lining for the coat.
A wool coat for winter, part 4: Smooth seams and warmth
In my wool coat project, it's time to properly press the seams I had already sewn. I also proceeded to make the coat underlining layers to keep me warm. The coat is finally taking shape!