Here is how my waistcoat, that is based on a bodice block from 1912, turned out. And a lot of description on the final sewing stages.
Historical sewing and classic tailoring are close relatives. So, I decided to combine a block from 1912 with classic tailoring methods to make a waistcoat.
My V8346 wool coat is finally finished. I look back and go through the materials and the biggest obstacles and triumphs during this coat-making journey.
To finish the wool coat, there were some draping issues to be fixed. There was also some hemming and little finishing touches that were done by hand.
My V8346 wool coat progresses. Now it was time to make the collar, draft two-piece sleeves and to construct the lining for the coat.
In my wool coat project, it's time to properly press the seams I had already sewn. I also proceeded to make the coat underlining layers to keep me warm. The coat is finally taking shape!
My winter wool coat project is slowly progressing. This time I cut the fabric and add some very important interfacings to support the coat fronts.
I did not even dream of making this V8346 coat without a toile. I may take risks with cheaper garments but this wool was way too expensive for me to skip this crucial step.
My big project for this autumn will be a long and warm winter coat. For a project this size, it is a good idea to start with the planning.
My adventure in sewing trousers that fit continues. This time I narrow the pattern down even more and add a proper waistband and a pair of pockets. I gorgeous stretch jacquard for a fabric.