Lekala blouse meets Peter Pan


Hello everyone!

I made this Lekala blouse #4456 already last summer but I didn’t wear it and I didn’t post it. Why? The reason is that I did not like the outcome a bit. The Atelier Brunette fabric was beautiful, if slightly prone to wrinkles, but the collar felt stiff and too big and the sleeves stuck out weirdly:

Lekala blouse with short sleeves #4456 sewn by me.

The blouse has been gathering dust in my sewing room for a year, but today I had some spare time and I started ripping out the collar. After the collar was gone the blouse felt much better. I then gathered the extra width of the sleeves on little pleats and sewed them in place.


So what to do with the collar? I found the original pattern pieces and used them as a guide to draw a Peter Pan collar. Luckily I had still some of the fabric in storage and it did not take long to whip out a new simpler collar. I did not bother with a proper facing but finished the seam between the collar and the bodice using some white satin bias binding.

This is how the blouse looks from the back. I think that the blouse could have a bit more width at the hip level but otherwise the fit is fairly good. I do not think that this will become my favourite blouse pattern even after the changes but now I have a blouse that I can happily wear.


Thank you for visiting and remember that you can always subscribe if you haven’t already done so! Happy sewing and see you soon!

  1. Lekala blouse meets Peter Pan — with my hands – Dream | By the Mighty Mumford

    […] via Lekala blouse meets Peter Pan — with my hands – Dream […]

    24 . Jul . 2017

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: