I have the book Sew Over It vintage by Lisa Comfort and it has instructions on how to draft a Kimono dressing gown that I wanted to make.
I tested the Sew Over It Kate dress pattern. The hidden button placket and the 4 slits in the skirt bring this vintage inspired dress into the 21st century.
I made the I am Orion blouse that is a loose fitted top with a Peter Pan collar. I really liked the pattern but wanted to make sure that my white collar stayed white. So instead of sewing the collar on my blouse I made an old fashioned dickey that snaps onto the blouse neckline.
I made myself a set of warm winter pyjamas. I modified the flannel trousers pattern from the Closet Case patterns' Carolyn pajamas and made a t-shirt top using the shortened McCall's M6886 jersey dress pattern.
In my series of Oldies I post some of my older makes and tell how they have behaved in use. I start with this Upländsk Fågelkrans hat that I knitted 5 years ago and have been using a lot.
I think that this red Moneta dress is one of my most favourite makes for this year! I am wearing it right now and it is super comfortable but still cute and the colour brightens my day.
Now that I have the trouser sloper I will turn it into a narrow pair of stretch cotton trousers. I show how to modify the width and how to remove the extra fullness of fabric at the back of the thighs.
This black pair is the first actual pair of trousers that I am happy with. I started from an old pair of wide linen trousers that fitted me quite well and I traced the pattern from them. I made a toile and after some small adjustments I got a good fit. To get to know this pattern I decided to make a very simple pair with no waistband and a side zipper.
This dress called Sophie and the pattern is from French company Made in Me Couture. It is an A-line dress with princess seams and 3/4 sleeves.
During the colder months I often have eaten breakfast wrapped inside a blanket to keep warm. However, some decades ago there were more stylish options in the form of dressing gowns. When I saw this vintage dressing gown pattern, Advance number 953 from the 1940s at Etsy I couldn’t resist it, especially because it came in my exact size. I have tried some vintage patterns before but never really succeeded in making anything useful. I knew to expect something different than modern sewing patterns. Firstly, the pattern was one size only. The pattern pieces were pre-cut and all the markings were perforations in the pattern pieces. However, the instruction booklet described…