Sewing

My blue Mélilot blouse

my-blue-melilot-blouse

This dark blue Liberty Tana Lawn has been waiting in my stash for a while. Finally I decided to make another Mélilot blouse using the pattern by Deer & Doe. This is a pattern that I have used already several times and also combined with Sewaholic Granville pattern. Now I went back to the pattern sheet and decided to start all over and go up a size to 38. I also added about 3 cm to the length of the sleeves and the length of the body, since my previous versions were just a bit short for me, especially at the sleeves.

Deer & Doe Mélilot: The cuffs.

I also changed the way I interfaced the collar and the cuffs. In the instructions, the both pieces of the collar, the collar stand and each of the cuffs are interfaced. However, I have noticed that my interfacing seems to “bubble” in the wash and the bubbles seem to be impossible to get rid of with ironing. So following the advice I got online I only interfaced the facings that are not visible. This doesn’t really change the look of the blouse but I hope to get rid of the untidy bubbly look of the washed interfaced fabric.

Deer & Doe Mélilot blouse: side view.

This time I made the hidden button placket. I did not find blue buttons in my button stash, so I went for contrasting white ones. The whole blouse is made using French seams, so it looks pretty also from the inside.

Deer & Doe Mélilot blouse from the back.

I was happy with the fit. Now that I went up a size the blouse hem fits over my hips better and the sleeves reach all the way down like they should. I can now also lift my hands without the blouse rising too high.

Deer & Doe Mélilot blouse.

The fabric is super comfortable. It is soft, almost weightless and even slightly stretchy so it is like wearing an oversized t-shirt.

Thank you for reading and happy sewing!

 

Katja

 

 

Leave A Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: