My adventure in sewing trousers that fit continues. This time I narrow the pattern down even more and add a proper waistband and a pair of pockets. I gorgeous stretch jacquard for a fabric.
I made the Hey June Aurora top using black and white patterned jersey. I had to modify the pattern slightly due to lack of enough fabric but the result is a great top that I have been wearing almost constantly after finishing it.
I made myself a set of warm winter pyjamas. I modified the flannel trousers pattern from the Closet Case patterns' Carolyn pajamas and made a t-shirt top using the shortened McCall's M6886 jersey dress pattern.
Presser feet are little tools that are easily underestimated. For a long time I used to sew with just two or three presser feet and did not realise how my sewing could be improved with some little additions to my presser feet stash. Now I have over 20 different presser feet and couldn't live without them.
In my series of Oldies I post some of my older makes and tell how they have behaved in use. I start with this Upländsk Fågelkrans hat that I knitted 5 years ago and have been using a lot.
As a soon-to-be auntie I was asked to make a baby nest for my nephew or niece. I had already seen some pictures of baby nests online, but they did not exist when my children were babies. Luckily there are plenty of free patterns available, so I was happy to make one.
I designed this sports outfit for my 7-year-old daughter who is into circus and break dancing. My daughter chose the pink fabric with the flame pattern and I added some black jersey to make the outfit less restless. I am super happy with this unique outfit that I drafted from the scratch!
I sewed the Diana blouse by In House patterns using lovely mint green viscose. I needed to narrow the shoulders, but otherwise this pattern fits well. Although completely wearable, this blouse is a toile for a blouse I'm going to make out of silk.
I made my first ever quilt using cottons from my fabric stash. I found the inspiration for the pattern in the Love Sewing magazine, issue 47 although I did end up arranging the blocks in a different way. This will be a great baby quilt for my nephew/niece!
Somebody pointed out the Winter Street Dress pattern for me when I was compiling my list of pattern companies. I was vaguely aware of the fact that PatternReview.com had some exclusive patterns but I had never tried any of them. This dress was something I have been looking for a while. I had this black jersey crepe fabric that would make a great little black dress. (I don’t know any other name for this fabric. It looks like a crepe from the outside, but jersey from the inside and it is very stretchy and comfortable.) I thought this would be a quick project but I stumbled into many fitting issues.…