I made a petrol blue Kielo dress with long sleeves and knee length for a family friend who is recovering from an illness and who I wanted to cheer up.
Here are 10 things I have recently added into my sewing room to help with the organization.
I decided to combine Edwardian pattern drafting with modern fabric and made a cute shirtwaist blouse that goes with both jeans and skirts.
For some time I have been thinking of adding electronics into garments.. Last summer I took an e-textile course and this hoodie was a direct result of it.
I designed and sewed a pair of pleated trousers with an easy elasticated paper-bag waist. I used locally woven cotton-linen Kultavilla fabric.
I got this lovely black sheer knit mesh fabric via Minerva Blogger Network and I thought it would be perfect for a bra. I had black push-up foam bra cups already waiting in my stash, so I decided to use one of my go-to bra patterns: The Amanda and Alyssa pattern by Pin-up Girls. Disclaimer: I am a Minerva affiliate but my opinions are my own. This mesh fabric came in two colourways, grey and black. I chose the black as it is easier to combine with the black bra cups. The leaf pattern has been created out of thread loops which makes it slightly three-dimensional. It doesn’t fray badly…
I tested the Mönsterfabriken Agnes sewing pattern and sewed a pretty blouse from mustard-coloured Atelier Brunette Moonstone viscose. Here's the review!