I already made the Sade blouse from the new book, Breaking the pattern, by Saara and Laura Huhta of Named clothing. My next make from this book was the Saraste dress. I love the frilly detail at the collar and I found just a perfect Atelier Brunette viscose fabric from Salapakka, Helsinki. Saraste pattern comes in three versions: a long-sleeved blouse, a shirt dress and a sleeveless top. The sizing goes from 1 to 9. After looking at the size chart, I chose to make the size 3 that corresponds to the European size 38 and the UK size 10. This ended up being the right choice for me, although…
Everybody is talking about Breaking the pattern, the new book by Saara and Laura Huhta of Named clothing. Here is my review, some photos of the launch party and my Sade blouse from the book.
I made the Evie top from the new Sew Over It Work to Weekend ebook. I also drafted a pair of jeans using my trusted trouser sloper and an old jeans pattern.
I tested the Sew Over It Kate dress pattern. The hidden button placket and the 4 slits in the skirt bring this vintage inspired dress into the 21st century.
This Bootstrapfashion 4261 ruffle blouse is again part of my Sensible Sewing Challenge. It closely resembles the Lekala dress I made last year, except being a bit more fitted and having a key-hole neckline instead of a pleated one. (The Bootstrapfashion and Lekala are both official resellers of Leko patterns, so that’s the reason behind similarities.) If you are not yet familiar with Bootstrapfashion patterns, they are sewing patterns that are customized to your measurements. You’ll submit your measurements and your pattern arrives as a pdf in a few minutes. My experience with these patterns has been a bit hit and miss. The more basic pattern the greater the chances of getting…
I made a gorgeous McCall's M7748 dress to wear for my cousin's wedding. This pattern is from the Archive collection and approximately from the year 1957. This dress took me several days to make but I can say that taking the time really pays off with this dress and the final dress fits and looks nice.
After gathering materials all over the globe and taking Craftsy courses on bra making I have finally finished my first ever bra. I used Pin-up Girls Amanda pattern to make a pink seamless t-shirt bra. I found the whole process of bra making super fun and the finished bra looks professionally made.
I got this fabric from Artenio at the same time with the mustard yellow one for this Amelia dress. It took me quite some time to decide on the pattern. I did not have a lot of fabric so many dresses with their circle skirts were unfortunately out of question. Finally, I decided to make the 1940s tea dress by Sew Over It.
I tested the Simplicity 3688 1940s skirt pattern. This was an easy make and I love the outcome. The skirt looks nice when combined with the Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse that I have also made.
I made a vintage style floral dress out of mustard viscose I got from Artenio. The pattern is the Amelia Tea Dress by Simple Sew patterns but I modified the pattern by replacing the flutter sleeves with long ones.