I made a gorgeous McCall's M7748 dress to wear for my cousin's wedding. This pattern is from the Archive collection and approximately from the year 1957. This dress took me several days to make but I can say that taking the time really pays off with this dress and the final dress fits and looks nice.
After gathering materials all over the globe and taking Craftsy courses on bra making I have finally finished my first ever bra. I used Pin-up Girls Amanda pattern to make a pink seamless t-shirt bra. I found the whole process of bra making super fun and the finished bra looks professionally made.
I got this fabric from Artenio at the same time with the mustard yellow one for this Amelia dress. It took me quite some time to decide on the pattern. I did not have a lot of fabric so many dresses with their circle skirts were unfortunately out of question. Finally, I decided to make the 1940s tea dress by Sew Over It.
I tested the Simplicity 3688 1940s skirt pattern. This was an easy make and I love the outcome. The skirt looks nice when combined with the Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse that I have also made.
I made a vintage style floral dress out of mustard viscose I got from Artenio. The pattern is the Amelia Tea Dress by Simple Sew patterns but I modified the pattern by replacing the flutter sleeves with long ones.
I tested the newest pattern from the French sewing company Orageuse. This long-sleeved loose-fitted blouse pattern has a turtleneck collar with buttons in the back and an optional deep v-neck opening in front. I made my version out of floral polyester satin.
Somebody pointed out the Winter Street Dress pattern for me when I was compiling my list of pattern companies. I was vaguely aware of the fact that PatternReview.com had some exclusive patterns but I had never tried any of them. This dress was something I have been looking for a while. I had this black jersey crepe fabric that would make a great little black dress. (I don’t know any other name for this fabric. It looks like a crepe from the outside, but jersey from the inside and it is very stretchy and comfortable.) I thought this would be a quick project but I stumbled into many fitting issues.…
As the year begins to close I look back to all the things I have sewn and the wonderful projects I have seen online. I can't even count the number of garments I have made, but some of them have been more successful than others. Here is my collection of 10 sewing patterns that have really caught my attention this year.
Aurora top has a slouchy fit through the body and dolman sleeve, and a fitted long lower sleeve. I made mine out of black roma ponte with patterned insets.
Marble Lake green jacquard elevates the Burda young 6650 skirt into new heights. The pleats add volume and drama to this skirt perfect for the winter party season. In collaboration with myfabrics.co.uk.